Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 11, 2011

My Exploration in Traditional Diaper Cakes

For some unknown reason I do not have a basic 'traditional' diaper cake available for viewing on my website. Because I enjoy creating 'customized' diaper cakes, I decided to address this by making one or two and then posting the results here and on my website.
My usual creative process involves  incorporating baby clothes into the design in ways that are unexpected, visible and result in a cake similar to its bakery counterpart - a frosted layer cake. Although, the process is basically the same minus all the tools that I normally use. Here are the results of my experiment.
I like it, even though the diapers are visible and there are no baby clothes. Its Simply Sporty!

This cake includes:
36 disposable diapers (Luvs size 3)
22 disposable diapers (Luvs size 2)
2 Receiving blankest
6 Washcloths
4 Balls (various sports themes)

I think I'll continue to experiment with this design a while longer.
I'm looking forward to your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment