Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Family Pause

I've been pretty busy over the last few weeks.  I've had several family events to attend.
First, my granddaughter, Tayrinn had her first dance recital. She was flanked by two overbearing stage parents, but she managed to keep her nervousness to a minimum and performed her dance routines splendidly. According to me, the emergency seamstress/grandmother who traveled 100 miles to fix her costumes 30 minutes before her debut.
Second, my son Kyle, also performed in a musical production 'Show Stoppers - A Night of Broadway's Best' - a benefit program for the Horizons at Radcliffe Creek School. Kyle and children in the 'Inspire Choir' have once again outdone themselves. Kyle even managed to convince someone to give him a starring role and he executed his one (1) line stupendously ( I am so not a stage mom but I will always support his dreams, no matter how tired they make me).
My daughter, Della has also managed to find her stage, she again succeeded in getting an A in her classes as she pursues her Master's Degree in Counselling Psychology (we told her to stop worrying; she didn't listen - I love when I'm right).

As I reflect on these and other family events, I am overwhelmed by how proud I am of these wonderful people that are My Family.  I love you - even when you exhaust me!

p.s.
I managed to get some work done too.  Stay tuned for my latest diaper cakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment