Total Pageviews

Friday, October 7, 2011

BabyCake Sharing



If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.
- Booker T. Washington

The diaper cakes displayed in the photo are my recent donation to a local family support center.
  
They are also my therapy. 
As with each of us, we all have moments when life becomes very focused on our issues, challenges and desires. When I find myself consumed with an inward focus - I create one (or more) of these cake donations. 
They represent my way of shifting my thoughts from myself outward. They give me an outlet for the inevitable stresses in my life. They force me to look out at the world and remind myself that I can do something concrete right now that just might help someone else, small as it seems. 
These 'babycakes' are always welcomed at the center.  I smile when I drop them off, not because I know that they will supply the new parents with a few necessities instead because they are my symbol that I gave a present to myself - compassion.


Feel free to leave your comments.  Your feedback is appreciated.
I look forward to hearing from you.


I can be reached at Carlasbabycakes@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/CarlasBabyCakes

2 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful and I really like them Carla. I tried my hand at making the candlestick format diaper cake. It was just a starter and not all beautiful like yours. I will send you a picture on facebook and you tell me what you think. This is something I may just do for friends or donate as you did to local charities but not something I will go into business doing. I am an Event Planner but not really into being as creative on creations as you. You are blessed! I thank you so much for posting. I needed that encouraging words for today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Fee, Thank you so much for your compliment. It warms my heart to have inspired you to share your diaper cakes with others. I am looking forward to the photos.
    Wow, event planning is an exciting venture and I am sure that you excel at it; I'd love to see some pictures of the events that you have worked on.
    Stay blessed, stay encouraged and push until success happens!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete